Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Such a Dirt Bag!

So I got an e-mail this morning from a Tiny House blogger and he was talking about Earth Bag houses!  You tamp earth (the clayish type) into poly bags (kind' like sand bags) and stack them for your walls.  You put barbed wire between the courses to keep them from sliding and when you're done, you plaster them to seal it all and smooth it out!  It's a LITTLE more complicated than that, BUT......... It costs about $11 a square foot to build one of these as opposed to $100 a square foot to build a "stick built" house!  It's a pretty awsome house when it's done.  Quiet, solid and insulated!  Now to talk the hubby into considering such a thing.  I could see myself living in a cluster of connected round rooms.  I could soooooo see this!  I'm hyped!

Here's a link to an instructable if you want to see what I'm talking about: click here

1 comment: