Monday, February 28, 2011

Back at it!

Wow! It's been a long time since I posted last.  A lot has happened!  We finished the shed.  It's closed up nice and tight and the last few times we went out to the farm there were no mice in the traps!!!!  We'll see what spring shows.  I'm getting the itch and am gearing up to plant seeds for the garden.  Still trying new things and this year will be no different.  I haven't quite got the gardening thing down yet.  It's hard when you can only weed once a week, so you have to outsmart the weeds instead of out muscle them!  Lots of newspaper going to be used as mulch this year.  Yet another experiment.
We have to get out there for the first time this spring and prune the hundred and some apple trees.  That makes for a rough day.  By the end of the orchard, my cutting hand is pretty tired!  Pruning marks the opening of farming season and I'm looking forward to it again!
Did you notice a new look to my blog?  My daughter is getting into graphic design and web design and she did some work on it yesterday.  I think it turned out pretty nice!  Thank you, Rhyah!

1 comment: