Saturday, November 7, 2009

Visitors at the Farm (continued)

I've been so busy with work lately and too tired when I get home to finish telling about our visitors!!!!

When my daughter and her family arrived, I changed hats from carpenter to Grandma!  I started the fire back up and got it ready to roast hot dogs.  Nick immediately took over my job as carpenter assistant and he and Jeff got the roof up rather quickly.  After a quick lunch I uncovered the tractor and took Nadija for her first tractor ride.  She's a natural and all smiles.


We took our little entourage on a tour of the corn field and we picked an ear as a souvenir.   While we were out having our fun on the tractor, Kainen was comfortably snuggled to his mama's chest keeping warm.


All in all, it was a day filled with work, fun and play and as the sun started getting low in the sky, there was evidence of a good time had by all.





3 comments:

  1. Pretty grandbabies and a great view ... what more can a woman want??

    Best wishes on your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed you to your blog from your Cold Antler farm comment. I love the homestead you're building, it looks so beautiful, and I just had to cheer you for mothering little Winthrop -- I teared up at the conclusion of that post. Life is always worth nurturing! (Well, I say that about a cute mammal baby, but I do feed my slugs to my chickens, so I guess I'm as species-selective as the folks who would stamp out mice nests.) In any case, I love that you keep a soft heart through all your hard farm-building work!
    Cheering you on in your homesteading dream,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle I didn't know you blogged! I had a good read this morning and am looking forward to updates. I know my time was short at the frame shop but I'm glad I got to know you and will be staying in touch~
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete