Saturday, October 31, 2009

Visitors at the Farm

Sunday morning we forced our way out from under layers of sleeping bags and comforters.  And nothing.....I mean NOTHING is worse on a cold morning than putting your feet in icy-cold shoes!!!!!  I take that back.  There's one thing that equals it and possibly exceeds it!  That's dropping "trou" to take a pee when the grass that tickles your butt is white with frost!!!!!

The sun was shining and Jeff got the fire going and cooked breakfast while I got some stuff put away in our "bedroom".  While the bacon sizzled in the crisp morning air, a hot air balloon floated over the ridge to the south.  That should be me up there!  Jeff has promised to put me on a hot air balloon.  All I have to do is set up the appointment.  Seeing this was a great incentive!!!!




After breakfast we started right in on the roof.  Mostly to get it done, but working also warmed us up.  Soon we were down to sweatshirts and making good progress.  We got 2 sheets of the metal roofing up when our guests arrived.  My daughter and her husband and their two kids came to see the farm for the first time.  And what fun we had.  More about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment