Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Refreshment

I gotta tell ya, this weekend was a blast.  But more about that later......
Jeff and I were winding up the 3 day weekend working in the garden and the orchard in the hot sun.  The weeds had taken over the garden in the 3 weeks since I'd been there and the effort to pull them made a sweat ball out of me.  Off to the west were some full bellied, black clouds grumbling.  The wind started to offer some relief with the approaching storm.  We called it quits and headed down to the shed to get our supplies out of the weather......just in time.  The clouds cracked like morning eggs and dumped their contents in a desperate attempt to relieve their heaviness.  Opportunity knocked.  A bar of soap and a basin of water in pouring rain.  What could be better to clean up a "sweat ball"?????  I stripped down and took a "shower" under the watchful eyes of neighboring cows!!!!  Dried with a fluffy towel and dressed in clean shorts and tee shirt, it was time to swing in the hammock to the tune of the pouring rain on the steel roof.  No sweeter lullaby has ever been played.  I never wanted to come back to civilization!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment